Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Protecting and Maintaining Your Heterosexual House of Cards

Ok, If you been reading the blog for a while, you'll know that I play for a gay rugby team. But, I'll have you know that it's a lot more progressive than that. Rugby makes me manlier than you, my platonic relationships with gay men make me more sensitive and fashionable than you.



The title implies that, if you are straight, there is no room for projecting anything less than 100% heterosexuality. One of the lessons I've learned from playing for the Fog is that steadfast defense of your "house of cards" is believing that heterosexuality is based on other people's opinion of you. Admittedly, in San Francisco, there are times to put your foot down, but relating to gay men is hardly ever sexual. Don't believe me, come watch one of our rugby matches.

No comments: