Thursday, July 26, 2007

Linux: It's Not Just for Servers Anymore

After years of being relegated to server racks and the desktops of ultrageeks, Linux is finally making some headway as a viable alternative to Windows on the consumer desktop. "This is the next great battle, and this is where Linux has never really been before -- Linux as a consumer product"
Full article

Caution: rant ahead

Damn, I hate being right all the time. Linux and the open source community are always the first to adopt technology on the internet.

I've been telling my clients about the power in social networks and blogging for months.
I go to the magazine rack a couple months later - BAM! - Wired comes out with an article proselytizing what cyberspace marketers have been practicing. I guess the magazine helps to bring everyone else up to speed.

Just wait for the Democracy TV aka Miro to make the front page of Wired, then we'll know I wasn't just talking shit. By that time, I will have already moved on to other things.

Sorry about that. What I meant to say was, hooray for Linux!

Linux users facilitate everything great in software and cyberspace. Now fit for your home computer.
D9C

No comments: