Sunday, May 20, 2007

Pride for everyone at IGRAB

Another proud day for the San Francisco Fog. We brought home the Magnitude 15 trophy, The biannual IGRAB tournament held in Seattle. A eventful weekend of firsts for me; I was awarded MVP of the entire tournament, I saw my 3 month old nephew for the first time, and I exposed my father to my Fog Family.

I earned a Ralph Lauren rugby jersey for becoming the tournament's MVP.

The tournament offered my family a chance to get together and see each other. I was reluctant to call my father because of the fog and what they represent. My household chores where often conducted with Rush Limbaugh in the background. My reservations to call my father were trumped by our fragile family ties.

I can honestly say I worried more about his approval of me and my friends than playing well. He showed a lot of patients as he, my stepmother, my sister, my nephew and I sat down just outside of the Fog camp. There was a great sitcom moment when my dad insisted I sit in the blue lawn chair over the pink ones.

Too awkward for introductions, my father made a quite exit out of town before the final match against Seattle. My sister, burdened with a baby, also left before the final match.

I became satisfied that my decision to unite my two families together under an IGRAB backdrop didn't end in disaster, and played an awesome final game.

The jersey is an XL. I am going to mail it to my dad, it's a props jersey and will fit him better than I.

A fine day of rugby.

Roll Fog Roll.
D9C

No comments: